Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tasting Art

There is no universally accepted definition of art although it is commonly used to describe something of beauty, or a skill which produces an aesthetic result. I did find an aesthstic result on my taste buds and it was attractive to my eyes in an artistic way. I’m talking about chocolate, chocolate made by a talented chocolatier named Pam Small.


I met Pam in her booth at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival last Saturday, she was giving away a variety of samples including ,chocolate covered bacon, chocolate covered potato chips (very good) , milk chocolate with malted milk and a delicious dark chocolate with a smoked sea salt (my favorite). We talked for some time and I knew I was talking to a fellow artist she has the same passion for her creation. Read her words below.
 This is from Pam’s website


Chocolab Creates Modern Confections
“Our modern confections, created in our very own kitchen+laboratory, expand the potential of chocolate…we don’t design our confections just for the sake of chocolate…but what can be done with the medium of chocolate. Chocolate is an amazing conduit for so many scintillating natural flavors and textual sensations.”



You can find her at the Chocolab- follow this link to all her information and a map to her shop. If you are in the neighborhood drop in and try some chocolate art.

No comments: