Thursday, December 4, 2008

Come See Our Show Dec.5th & 6th

I think this is the start of the holiday season for me, I’m so excited and ready for a great show. Also the fun and friendship that comes with it, it feels like the night before Christmas.
So as I was working today I thought of this poem, well I might of heard it somewhat like this before. Anyway it is for my Portland Art Collective (PAC) friends.

T’was the night before the show and all threw the house’s the artists were scurrying like little mouse’s.
The art was all packed in boxes with care, in hopes they would make it without rips or tears.
And Lorraine with her visa machine and I with my nail gun had just settled in to wait for the sun.
When out in the parking lot there arose such a clatter. We sprang from the gym to see what’s the matter.
When what to our wondering eyes should appear, but a great big u-haul in first gear.
With Suzanne and her family so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it was no trick.
More rapid than eagles the PAC sisters they came, Robin whistled and shouted and called them by name;
Now, Paula! Now, Debi !
Now, Lenall and Carrie!
On, Maggie! On, Jan!
On, Fran and Judi!
Now, Suzie! Now, Cynthia!
Now, Jennifer!
On, Tammy and Z’anne
To the truck and the doors,
Off to the gym with blisters and soars.
As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly, when they meet with an obstacle, they let out a small cry.
So into the gym the artists they flew, with a nail and hammer and little glue.
And then in a twinkling before our eyes the show was all ready to our surprise.
Lorraine sprang on the table and to her team gave a whistle, and away they all flew like the down on a thistle.
The town people exclaimed as they walk by that night, what a great group of artists they must be doing something right.
So here’s to a great show, and a pleasant good night!!!

Thanks also go to Dana, Carol, Donna, Jill, Lynn, Leigh, Diane and Marilyn for your support and help.

Tory

No comments: