Saturday, January 31, 2009

Banishing the Winter Blahs

Usually about this time of year I go into hibernation. My Muse takes her vacation and I relax, getting ready for my Spring Spurt. Well, not this year. I signed up for two yearly challenges which has proved to be a good thing for this season. The first was Nature Gathered, below is my January contribution. The participants are to create their monthly works of art on an 8x8 canvas. I'm really enjoying this size and using my other talents.



The second challenge is the Bead Journal Project. Everyone who signed up was to pick a size for their "pages" and make a monthly beaded page for their personal journal. I choose recycled respirator filters for my pages, which I'm glad I did, they are small and quick to bead up. Here is my January page. You can check out my blog to see more of my pages.

February is just right around the corner and I need to get busy in order to get my art done for next month.

No comments: