Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Meeting new People





I have been playing with the wire and clay people and have really enjoyed the outcome of their faces. I start out with a very lose idea like, male, older and bald. The rest to my surprise just happens (not all the time). When the face is done it’s like meeting a new person. “The Feather Inspector” has my father’s hair line. The other one “Where the Lost Balls Go” I showed to my brother and he said “hey that’s the strong man from the circus” and sure enough that was the one from the cartoons when I was a child. The one’s that I don’t know, like a girl I’m working on presently, has a crooked smile and is calling crows. Who are you? I will post a picture soon, maybe you know her.

1 comment:

Jan Harris Smith said...

tory, your figures are just amazing - love them both!