Saturday, June 6, 2009

I finished My Banner Swap project! by Lenall Siebenaler






















Last weekend, I brought an old crazy quilt with me to Menucha. I had long had an idea of using it to make fabric embellished hearts. I brought it a long, as I needed to do some prototyping for our show in December. I thought I might think of a way to use it if I brought it. Once I got there and started working, I had an idea to use it for my banners for the PAC Banner Swap. And the rest came easily!

Who isn't attracted to Crazy Quilts? Looking at the old quilt conjures up all kinds of questions about who made it and who used it. I am sure the quilt could tell us many a story. I have fond memories of watching my mother making pillows with old velvets using the crazy quilt style. When I found the crazy quilt in an antique mall I knew it had my name all over it.

Recycling the tattered old quilt into banners will allow me to share the beauty of this old handicraft with my friends. It actually could be considered a "double recycle." If there is any such thing. The woman who made it was also recycling her old clothes.

I can't wait to exchange our banners at our annual July picnic. Till then here is a peak!

Lenall

No comments: