Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm working on something new... Lenall Siebenaler

Collage with machine stitch caligraphy





Paint with machine stitch caligraphy


I purchased a sewing machine 4 years ago and took a class at the time but for some reason, I did not feel comfortable working with paper and freeform stitching.  I wanted to try using my handmade papers and fabric and stitch onto a piece of art.  There were too many roadblocks with the machine clogging and thus making the projects move slowly.  I decided that I either need to learn how to use it and give it a try or sell the machine.  While participating in the Prosperous Heart Book by Julia Cameron, I put it out there on the yahoo group that I wanted to take another lesson or class.  Sandy Keating, Master Fiber Artist, volunteered to help me!  Last week, I took a lesson with her.  In just 2 short hours, I felt comfortable to make a go of it on my own.  She gave me a lot of great pointers and showed me how to solve many of the issues I had originally been experiencing.  On top of all that I was able to spend time with her and get to know her better!  It was really a treat for me and I really appreciated her generosity!  I will be posting several different looks that I have created in the past 4 days...  These are all made card size so I will try working on bigger surfaces next!

No comments: