Sunday, May 13, 2012

Outside the Box: Escaping the Frame


Both Stephanie and myself were invited to participate in a group show at Peoples Art of Portland. The show is titled Outside the Box II: Escaping the Frame. Each of the 50 participating artists were given five 8x8 boards and one 16x20 board and one month to create six pieces of art . . . . the art needed to extend off the board, of course, since the show is about going outside the box. Here's Steph and I picking up our boards last month.


And here are my completed pieces of art.


The show opens May 19th and runs through June 7th. Peoples Gallery of Portland is located on the third floor of Pioneer Place in downtown Portland. If you want to see more about the process of how I made my pieces, check out my blog post by clicking here. You can also get more information about the show or updates on my art by liking me on my Facebook art page: Dayna J. Collins/Alley Art Studio.

2 comments:

lynda Howells said...

oh wow l am lost for words dayna...this work is amazing. Love ALL of them..yummyxxxlynda

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Good luck to you and Stephanie. Hope you do well with the show. What a great way to use your elements. My favorites are the ones with red paint on them.