Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm finially not getting ready to get ready! by Lenall


"Tipsy Vase" actually won a first place award in the Village Gallery of Arts Spring juried show.
















I am getting ready!


The past 6 months have been very productive for me. I've had a lot of time to think about what I want to do in the future with my art and I've actually made some steps in the directions I'd like to go!


What do I want to do????


Number one--I decided to move toward abstract art totally. At an April WSO critique session, a renowned Portland Watercolorist, Gene Gill, suggested I stop wasting time and go totally abstract. I decided to take him up on that suggestion and called Ruth Armitage who suggested I call Pat San Soucie. The rest is history. Pat is probably the most famous WSO (Watercolor Society of Oregon) member. She enters shows , gets juried in and wins awards all over the country. On top of that she is a super nice woman. The technique that she taught was watermedia using pours. She pours paint through tissue papers. As it dries it leaves lines where the paper was crumpled. My artist friend, Sandy Kay and I took almost weekly from mid April through mid August. I totally enjoy the freedom this new technique affords me and actually created many great pieces! I'll post a few tonight.




"Tipsy Vase" actually won a first place award in the Village Gallery of Arts Spring juried show.




Stay tuned for what else I want to do.
Thanks!
Lenall


No comments: