Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Whimsical Cat Paintings by Lenall Siebenaler
















I have to admit it out loud... I'm a Cat Lady! What can I say? I know I am biased or black and white about only two things. CATS and the color RED. Gotta have 'em. I haven't met a cat or a red that I wasn't attracted to. (I'm surprised I only have 3 cats!)
I have literally loved cats all my life. There were only two time frames in my life when I didn't have at least one cat. The first was when I was in College and the 2nd was when I lived in Hawaii. Other than that I have always had one. It was after I got married that one cat became two or more cats. That being said, cats have always found a way into my art. (ALSO the color RED.)

I have been thinking about doing a line of cards using whimsical cute kitties for a long time. This past Memorial Day weekend, my friend, Susan, visited for the weekend from Seattle. We spent three full days mostly doing art in my backyard. Susan showed me how to use a batik process using watercolor and I added pen and ink and colored pencils to finish. I ended up with 9 new pieces and maybe 5 cards! The images are crops from the originals which I intend to sell, also.

I know there are alot of other closet Cat Ladies out there! These are for you!

3 comments:

Leigh said...

These are very charming and will make great cards!

Carole said...

Those are great. The second one is my favorite.

Sand Hill Art said...

I have five of the little darlings (lucky that my husband loves 'em too).
And yet I find that I have so much difficulty drawing them. Yours are super.