Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dinner at High Tide Jan 16, 2010

Since I don't know how to paint things in the dark of night yet, picture this drawing with a crescent moon lighting up the surf as well as low light from the beach side restaurant. The night before big winds blew in from shore, stirring up huge waves and lots of rain. They were still shoveling sand out of the kitchen at dinner time, after "4 meter waves" that pummeled the beach. While we were eating, the couple at the red table cloth and we nearly had to run with our dinner as a wave lapped at the table legs. What did we have for dinner? Freshly caught huachinanga (red snapper) and shrimp.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Suzie: I've not seen your sketches & paintings before - love them! And your descriptive words make me feel like I'm there (well, almost since I'm sitting in the grey cold rain over here). Sounds like your having a lovely adventure. Hi to Tom too.

Suzie Wolfer LCSW said...

Thanks Carrie! Thom says Hi back.