Sunday, January 10, 2010

Online Classes

I am really excited about all the classes that are popping up online. It's especially wonderful to take them when you want to be nestled in during the cold days of winter. I'm on my fourth one now and have found each one that I've taken to be great. It seems that teachers have to put more effort into coming up with interesting, well-organized curriculum since they can't rely on personality and class interactions so much, and it makes for some pretty exciting lessons.

I'm currently enjoying DJ Pettitt's "Memories and Manipulations" Photoshop class. This is what I've created during the first week:


I love how this turned out looking like a batik! It is layers and adjustments of 3 photos from my archives: undulations of a sandy beach, a tree, and a flower. DJ says the class is for all levels, but I'm finding it pretty challenging after already taking some Photoshop classes. You definitely want to know the basics before signing up.

I've included a list of all the online classes I know of in our sidebar. I'd like to continue building on this, so please let me know if you know of other classes. You can read about the other three online classes I've taken here.

We'll be adding more resources over the next few months, so keep posted.



1 comment:

Dayna Collins said...

Beautiful flower, Robin! Sounds like a challenging, but fun class.