Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Productive Weekend By Lenall Siebenaler







Was it raining? Oh, I really didn't notice!

My friend, Susan, from Seattle, came down and we spent the weekend doing art in my garage studio. We get together like this several times a year and total enjoy the days together. This time, I had bought the new Mary Todd Beam book and found a technique in it that I thought we both might enjoy. Susan spent her entire time working on this unique monoprinting technique. The process is done using black gesso, heavy duty aluminum foil and a dull pencil. Once the black lines dry the sky is the limit as to adding color. Pick your poison (media.) I did three full sheets using the process and she finished 6-7 total pieces. She also made her Christmas cards.

I mostly spent the time tying up several loose end projects that I hadn't finished. I kinda wanted to do this prior to starting a brand new project. I still have a few things left undone but I feel like I accomplished a lot. I finished 21 large felted flower pins. I did about 20 paste paper heart pins, 12 paste paper cork danglies, finished the paste paper file folders, did papers for paste paper calendars and composition books which I still have yet to cover. I did the paste paper in Albie Smith's Art and Soul Class. It took me 2 years to get into her class she is so popular! I like her a lot.

I am tired but happy to have these projects off my list of things I have to do by Dec 4th!

Lenall

No comments: