Wednesday, April 21, 2010

!

This friendly cat came and curled up next to me while I sat by the pool in Bali. He was just one of a big little that seemed to have taken up residence near our room. All of the cats in this litter had crooked tails.
One of the reasons that I like journaling so much is that it can bring me right back into the moment unlike looking at a photograph. I can remember the heat of this day, and the gently swaying palms, and even the distant music from the temple. I wish I was there right now--except with air conditioning!
Another thing I like to include in my journals is pictures of the airline food, especially if it is something unusual, like the things they served us on Japan Airlines. I don't draw the typical mundane United or Delta meals, though. Oh, right, I forgot, they don't serve any meals!

1 comment:

Dayna Collins said...

Your watercolor drawings are better than photographs!