Monday, April 26, 2010

Journaling Fever


I’ve been an avid journaler since grade school when I kept a journal that locked with a little key. Since that time, I’ve moved on just a bit. For the past six years I’ve been doing Morning Pages, a daily stream of consciousness writing inspired by Julia Cameron and The Artist’s Way. I use a simple lined journal; here is the one I’m using at the current time.


I also like to keep a travel journal when I go on trips, writing at the end of each day and gluing in collected ephemera. I doodle and draw, using watercolors to add some zip.


But the most fun I have is keeping a visual journal. My visual journals are filled with paint, collage, writing, and poems, and sometimes bits and bobs of found treasures. I make my own journals and here is a pile of current, past, and waiting to be used journals.


And here are a few sample pages out of my current journal.





If you want to see more of my pages or read about my monthly visual journaling group, the Orange Dream Monkeys, check out my blog at Alley Art Studio.

2 comments:

Tory Brokenshire said...

When I see beautiful work like this it makes me want to journal, I would love to see some pages made into cards.

cynthia said...

Thanks for sharing your various journals. They are so colorful and lively, and I love seeing the stack of them together.