Saturday, April 30, 2011

“Iconography and Beyond”


In the past few weeks I have been working on two new Santos for a show I will be in at The Dalles Art Center. It will run June 1st to the 30th with the opening reception on June 2nd 5 to 7 pm. I will be joined by Natalie Hassell with her Icons and Jerry Fentner’s watercolors. This is a fun show  to see, I hope many of you Portlanders will come up the gorge for “Iconography and Beyond”. I will remind you again in a few weeks (thanks).

There is more on Saturday June 11th I will be teaching a class on how to make a traditional Santos, like the one in the gown. Follow this link to the classes page to learn more  if you would like to sign up. I have a no fail technique so you are all successful in this fun class.


 This is an assemblage Santos
 notice all the different parts.
thanks, Tory
More photos and information on my blog coppercrowstudio.blogspot.com by Tory Brokenshire

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope to come see your show since I live in Dallas. Will you be teaching any classes here?

Tory Brokenshire said...

Hi Raj, yes on the 11th of June I will be teaching the Santos class at the art center. i would love to have you. Thanks, Tory

Tory Brokenshire said...

Oops sorry Raj, the show and class are in The Dalles a small town in Oregon. I looked at your art on etsy (very cool) and profile then found we are in different parts of the country. Darn! Tory

lynda Howells said...

LOVE LOVE all your work..wish l lived near you and could come and see your gorgeous Art. Would also love to have some of your work..one day!xxlynda