Friday, October 17, 2008

I recently honed my Photoshop skills to make this postcard for Art and Soul. I learned how to do gradients . . . after a lot of trial and error . . . it was easy! I like the depth it gives.


Below are some close up shots of the completed Shrine images. I used water soluble oil pastels to color black and white photos. If you haven't used them, you gotta try them! They are so creamy and easy to blend with the original digital method . . . your index finger!



The two figures are my mother and my uncle back in the late 40s in Portland Oregon

Here's a close up of the postcard cover shot, a Philly Row House and two Philly Boys from about 1952.

Want a simple, relaxing art project? Order this kit Online. Or come to our Open Doors Show & Sale at the Multnomah Art Center on December 5 & 6th.





No comments: